Tuesday 10 January 1911
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Maria Bricca, directed by Edoardo Bencivenga, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Broad Highway by Jeffrey Farnol was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 January 1911!
Which were the important events of 10 January 1911 ?
- Margaret Thatcher day in the Falkland Islands
- Binod Chowdhury: Bangladeshi activist (d. 2013).
- Norman Heatley: member of the team of Oxford University scientists who developed penicillin (Born 1911).
- Fritz Brandau: German pro astrologer and author, a Cosmobiologist who advocates scientific and experimental astrology.
- Jan Boon [Tjalie Robinson]: Dutch East Indies publicist (Tong Tong).
- 1st photo in US taken from an airplane, San Diego
- Honduras signs treaty turning over customs to US (not ratified).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- It's Always June When You're in Love - Reed Miller (as James Reed)
- Ciribiribin Waltz - Prince's Orchestra
- In the Gloaming - Heidelberg Quintet
- In the Gloaming - Will Oakland & American Quartet
- Blaze of Glory - New York Military Band
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?