Tuesday 10 January 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Toomey in Philadelphia and Sal Mineo in New York City.
Jesse James, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Television Surveys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 January 1939!
Which were the important events of 10 January 1939 ?
- Margaret Thatcher day in the Falkland Islands
- Bill Toomey in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; decathlon champion (Olympics-gold-1968).
- Sal Mineo in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Exodus, Rebel Without a Cause).
- Sonosuke Fujimaki: Japanese fencer.
- David Horowitz: American author, historian, teacher and political revolutionary who turned from communism to conservatism in the 1960's.
- Sal Mineo: American actor who had a career that began in childhood and crashed in violence before he was 40.
- Jared Carter: American poet and author
- William Levy: American-Dutch journalist author and poet
- Scott McKenzie: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Mamas & the Papas) (d. 2012)
- Julius Bittner: Austria Composer (Missa Austriaca), dies at 64.
- Bradman hits 186 South Africa vs. Queensland before Christ catches him at short-leg
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 January 1939
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?