Wednesday 10 January 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Blue Bird, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while How Green Was My Valley by Richard Llewellyn was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 January 1940!
Which were the important events of 10 January 1940 ?
- Margaret Thatcher day in the Falkland Islands
- Harry Gant: American racing driver.
- Godfrey Hewitt: English geneticist and academic (d. 2013).
- Walter Hill: American director producer and screenwriter.
- Ntare VI: Ntare VI of Ankole (d. 2011).
- K Yesudas: Indian singer-songwriter and actor.
- Guy Chevrette: Quebec politician
- Ntare VI of Ankole: Omugabe of Nkole
- Yesudas: Indian playback singer and classical musician
- WWII: Mechelen Incident: A German plane carrying secret plans for the invasion of western Europe makes a forced landing in Belgium, leading to mobilization of defense forces in the Low Countries.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?