Saturday 10 January 1948
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Sanderson in Memphis and Donald Fagen in Passaic.
I Walk Alone, directed by Byron Haskin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Dialing for Dollars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 January 1948!
Which were the important events of 10 January 1948 ?
- Margaret Thatcher day in the Falkland Islands
- William Sanderson in Memphis: Tennessee, USA; actor (Larry - Newhart, Deuce - Babylon 5, Blade Runner).
- Donald Fagen in Passaic: New Jersey, USA; rock vocalist/keyboardist (Steely Dan - "Peg").
- Teresa Graves: American actress and singer (d. 2002).
- Bernard Thévenet: French cyclist road racer, a two-time winner of the Tour de France (1975 and 1977) after a second rank in 1974.
- Bernard Thevenet: .
- Donald Fagen: American singer-songwriter and pianist (Steely Dan)
- Mischa Maisky: Latvian-Israeli cellist
- David Neuberger: Baron Neuberger of Abbotsbury English lawyer and judge
- Call Me Mister play closes at National Theater in New York City, New York after 734 performances.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1948 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Buddy Clark - Ballerina
- Too Fat Polka - Two-Ton Baker
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?