Sunday 10 January 1954
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
David and Bathsheba, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not as a Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 January 1954!
Which were the important events of 10 January 1954 ?
- Margaret Thatcher day in the Falkland Islands
- John Gidman: English footballer and manager.
- Greg Towns: Australian rules footballer.
- Gianni Riotta: Italian journalist, noted for his political commentary.
- Lydie Arickx: French painter, parents from Flanders.
- Fred Raymond: Composer, dies at 53.
- Bollingen Prize for poetry awarded to W H Auden.
- British Overseas Airways Corporation (BOAC) Flight 781, a de Havilland Comet jet plane, disintegrates in mid-air due to metal fatigue and crashes in the Mediterranean Sea near Elba. All 35 people on board are killed.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?