Tuesday 10 January 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
All That Heaven Allows, directed by Douglas Sirk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don't Go Near the Water by William Brinkle was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 January 1956!
Which were the important events of 10 January 1956 ?
- Margaret Thatcher day in the Falkland Islands
- Antonio Munoz Molina: Spanish writer.
- Shawn Colvin: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Antonio Molina: Spanish author.
- Antonio Muñoz Molina: Spanish writer and, since 8 June 1995, a full member of the Royal Spanish Academy.
- Elvis records Heartbreak Hotel
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1956 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 10 January 1956 and get them!