Saturday 10 January 1959
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chandra Cheesborough and Don Letts.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to The Chipmunk Song by The Chipmunks.
In UK It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty was in the top 5 hits.
Bell Book and Candle, directed by Richard Quine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while From The Terrace by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rawhide.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 January 1959!
Which were the important events of 10 January 1959 ?
- Margaret Thatcher day in the Falkland Islands
- Chandra Cheesborough: Jacksonville, Florida -- 4X100 runner (1984 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Don Letts: Rocker (Big Audio Dynamite).
- Kirk & Curtwood: Musician (Meat Puppets).
- Philippe Courroye: French jurist, an Examining magistrate.
- Chandra Cheeseborough: American sprinter and coach.
- Bernhard Hoff: East German athlete
- Chris Van Hollen: American lawyer and politician
- Fran Walsh: New Zealand screenwriter and producer
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Chipmunks - The Chipmunk Song
- The Platters - Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
- The Everly Brothers - Problems
- Elvis Presley - One Night
- Connie Francis - My Happiness
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- Clyde McPhatter - A Lover's Question
- Billy Grammer - Gotta Travel On
- Fats Domino - Whole Lotta Loving
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?