Saturday 10 January 1970
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head by B.J. Thomas.
In UK Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris was in the top 5 hits.
Angels and Demons, directed by Carlos Hugo Christensen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The House On The Strand by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 January 1970!
Which were the important events of 10 January 1970 ?
- Margaret Thatcher day in the Falkland Islands
- Buff Bagwell: American wrestler.
- Alisa Maric: Serbian chess grandmaster.
- Scott Ludlam: New Zealand-Australian graphic designer and politician.
- Alisa Marić: Serbian chess player and politician Serbian Minister of Youth and Sports.
- Christine Malèvre: French nurse who was arrested in 1998 on suspicion of having killed as many as 30 patients at François Quesnay Hospital in Mantes-la-Jolie on the outskirts of Paris.
- Cameron MacKenzie: Australian 100m / 200m / 400m (1996 Olympics)
- Preview Center Opens
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
- Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
- The Shocking Blue - Venus
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- Bobby Sherman - La La La (If I Had You)
- Tommy Roe - Jam Up Jelly Tight
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?