Thursday 10 January 1974
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to The Joker by Steve Miller Band.
In UK Lonely This Christmas by Mud was in the top 5 hits.
Don't Look Now, directed by Nicolas Roeg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The Honorary Consul by Graham Greene was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 January 1974!
Which were the important events of 10 January 1974 ?
- Margaret Thatcher day in the Falkland Islands
- Hrithik Roshan: Indian actor.
- Jemaine Clement: New Zealand actor.
- Davide Dionigi: Italian footballer and manager.
- Akari Kaida: Japanese pianist and composer.
- Andrey Korneyev: Russian swimmer (d. 2014).
- Clinton O'Brien: Australian rugby league player
- Bob Peeters: Belgian footballer and manager
- Steve Marlet: French footballer and coach, who played as a forward. He was capped 23 times and scored six goals for the French national team, winning the Confederations Cup in 2001 and 2003 and featuring at Euro 2004.
- Andre Kirwan: Canadian Football League receiver (Toronto Argonauts).
- Hollis Thomas: defensive tackle (Philadelphia Eagles).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle
- Al Wilson - Show And Tell
- Brownsville Station - Smokin' In The Boy's Room
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination
- Ringo Starr - You're Sixteen
- Barry White - Never, Never Gonna Give Ya Up
- Stevie Wonder - Living For The City
- Olivia Newton-John - Let Me Be There
- Paul McCartney - Helen Wheels
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Mud - Lonely This Christmas
- Slade - Merry Xmas Everybody
- Barry White - You're The First, The Last, My Everything
- The New Seekers - You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me
- Bachman-Turner Overdrive - You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- Leo Sayer - The Show Must Go On
- The Rubettes - Juke Box Jive
- Wizzard - I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day
- Gary Glitter - Oh Yes You're Beautiful
- Alvin Stardust - My Coo-Ca-Choo
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?