Friday 10 January 1997
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Un-Break My Heart by Toni Braxton.
In UK 2 Become 1 by The Spice Girls was in the top 5 hits.
Scream, directed by Wes Craven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1997
while Airframe by Michael Crichton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1997.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 January 1997!
Which were the important events of 10 January 1997 ?
- Margaret Thatcher day in the Falkland Islands
- George Young: 6th Baronet English banker and politician Secretary of State for Transport.
- Elspeth Josceline Huxley writer: dies at age 96.
- Alvinio Misciano: Italian tenor, killed in a fall from a window.
- Hilary Grover Barratt Brown: conservationist, dies at age 71.
- Elspeth Huxley: British journalist and writer (Born 1907).
- Rehersal, closes at Criterion Theater, New York City
- 1st Comet of 1997 Discovered: Comet 1997 A1
- 4,000th episode of Entertainment Tonight
- Dow Corning provides US$2.95 billion to settle breast implant suits.
- Right-winger Arnoldo Aleman sworn in as President of Nicaragua.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1997 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Toni Braxton - Un-Break My Heart
- R. Kelly - I Believe I Can Fly
- En Vogue - Don't Let Go (Love)
- Keith Sweat - Nobody
- Whitney Houston - I Believe In You And Me
- BLACKstreet - No Diggity
- New Edition - I'm Still In Love With You
- Merril Bainbridge - Mouth
- AZ Yet - Last Night
- Celine Dion - It's All Coming Back To Me Now
Top #9 songs in the UK
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?