Tuesday 10 July 1923
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Merry-Go-Round, directed by Rupert Julian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 1923!
Which were the important events of 10 July 1923 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
- G A Kulkarni: Indian (Marathi) writer (d. 1987).
- Jean Kerr: American author (d. 2003).
- Earl Hamner Jr: American author and television producer.
- John Bradley: raised US flag at Iwo Jima, dies at age 70.
- G Kulkarni: Indian author and academic (d. 1987).
- Suzanne Cloutier: Canadian-American actress, noted for her role in Orson Welles' "Othello." She was the onetime wife of Peter Ustinov. On December 2, 2003, she died of liver cancer at age 80 in Montreal.
- All non-fascist parties disolved in Italy.
- 2-pound hailstones kill 23 and many cattle (Rostov, Russia).
- Large hailstones kill 23 in Rostov, Soviet Union.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1923 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Gulf Coast Blues - Bessie Smith
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1923?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?