Wednesday 10 July 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
All This, and Heaven Too, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 1940!
Which were the important events of 10 July 1940 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
- Tom Farmer: Scottish entrepreneur.
- Julie Payne: American actress whose career in television and films lasted from 1959 to 1967.
- Meghnad Desai: Baron Desai Indian-English economist and politician.
- Helen Donath: American soprano and actress.
- Brian Priestley: English pianist and composer (National Youth Jazz Orchestra).
- Keith Stackpole: Australian cricketer
- Dawid J "Dawie" de Villiers: South African Minister of energy (1989- )
- Mills Watson in Oakland: California, USA; actor (Harper Valley PTA, BJ and Bear).
- Donald Francis Tovey: English musicologist / composer, dies at 64.
- Battle of Britain began as Nazi forces attacked by air (114 days)
- German planes attack British ships in the Canal
- World War II: Battle of Britain : The German Luftwaffe begins attacking British convoys in the English Channel thus starting the battle (this start date is contested, though).
- WWII: British destroyer is torpedoed and sunk by an Italian submarine.
- WWII: Vichy France begins with a constitutional law which only 80 members of the parliament vote against.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?