Wednesday 10 July 1946
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sue Lyon in Davenport and Roger Abbott.
A Stolen Life, directed by Curtis Bernhardt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching King's Party Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 1946!
Which were the important events of 10 July 1946 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
- Sue Lyon in Davenport: Iowa, USA; actress (Lolita, Evel Knievel).
- Roger Abbott: Canadian comedian, a member of the nationally beloved comedy and radio troupe, "The Royal Canadian Air Farce.
- Stuart Christie: Scottish anarchist writer and publisher best known for being arrested as an 18-year-old while carrying explosives to assassinate the Spanish dictator General Franco.
- Daniel Kunth: French astrophysician, member of the Paris Astrophysics Institute, he created "La Nuit des Etoiles" (Shooting stars Night) in 1991, which takes place each august in France.
- Sue Lyon: American model and actress from age 13.
- Belgian government of Acker, resigns
- Hungarian hyperinflation sets a record with inflation of 348.46 percent per day, or prices doubling every eleven hours.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Stone Cold Dead in the Market (He Had It Coming) - Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Jordan
- Gene Krupa & His Orchestra - Boogie Blues
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?