Saturday 10 July 1948
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kiki Caron and Peter Standaart.
Key Largo, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Gabrielle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 1948!
Which were the important events of 10 July 1948 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
- Kiki Caron: French swimmer, she won a silver medal at the 1964 Olympics (100m backstroke) and the gold at the 1966 Eropean championship on the same distance.
- Peter Standaart: American astrologer, first generation Dutch.
- Ronnie Cutrone: American painter (d. 2013).
- Chico Resch: Canadian ice hockey player and sportscaster.
- Allegro closes at Majestic Theater NYC after 318 performances
- Ballet Ballads closes at Music Box Theater NYC after 62 performances
- Lydda Airfield captured by Israeli army
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 July 1948
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?