Friday 10 July 1953
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Band Wagon, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Dark Angel by Mika Waltari was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 1953!
Which were the important events of 10 July 1953 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
- Nancy Frangione: American actress in films and TV in the ‘70s, ‘80s and ‘90s, playing in such genres as comedy, drama, science fiction, docudrama, crime and police shows.
- Édouard Guillard: French Navy officer and admiral.
- Billy Haynes: American professional wrestler.
- Françoise Meyers-Bettencourt: French heiress and author of Bible commentaries and works on Jewish-Christian relations.
- Rik "The Rocket" Emmett: Toronto, Ontario -- Rock vocalist (Triumph).
- Rik Emmett: Canadian singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Triumph and Strung-Out Troubadours)
- Zoogz Rift: American guitarist and composer (d. 2011)
- Sidney Homer: Composer, dies at 88.
- 82nd British Golf Open: Ben Hogan shoots a 282 at Carnoustie Dai Rees
- Pravda reports arrest of Beria [affiliate of imperialist]
- The Soviet official newspaper ''Pravda'' announces that Lavrenti Beria has been deposed as head of the NKVD.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1953 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Rusty Draper - Gambler's Guitar
- Oh! - Pee Wee Hunt Orch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?