Tuesday 10 July 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
High Society, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 1956!
Which were the important events of 10 July 1956 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
- Tom McClintock: American lawyer and politician.
- JRobin Reed: American editor of "Cosmic Connection", a Mensa astrology-SIG.
- Joe Giard: American baseball player (Born 1898).
- 23rd All Star Baseball Game: NL wins 7-3 at Griffith Stadium, Washington DC
- 650,000 US steel workers go on strike
- The British House of Lords defeats the abolition of the death penalty.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Pat Boone - I'll Be Home
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
- All Star Hit Parade (EP) - Various Artists
- I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas / Bluebottle Blues - The Goons
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?