Wednesday 10 July 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Monica Kissling and Cindy Sheehan.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Pride and the Passion, directed by Stanley Kramer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Gay Cavalier.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 1957!
Which were the important events of 10 July 1957 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
- Monica Kissling: Swiss astrologer, popular with her weekly radio show on Swiss radio as.
- Cindy Sheehan: American whose son was killed in Iraq on April 4, 2004 and who subsequently led a protest movement against the Iraq war.
- Marco Sison: Filipino singer and actor.
- Sholem Asch: Polish / Israeli writer (East River), dies at 77.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- Andy Williams - I Like Your Kind Of Love
- Johnny Mathis - It's Not For Me To Say
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?