Thursday 10 July 1958
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
The Fly, directed by Kurt Neumann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 1958!
Which were the important events of 10 July 1958 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
- Bela Fleck: American musician.
- Fiona Shaw: Movie Actress.
- Béla Fleck: American banjo player and songwriter (Sparrow Quartet New Grass Revival Strength in Numbers and Trio!).
- 1st parking meter installed in England (625 installed)
- Ex-king Norodom Sihanoek appointed Premier of Cambodia
- The highest tsunami wave ever recorded is at Lituya Bay, Alaska, at 524m high.
- The first parking meters are installed in Britain.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- Elvis Presley - Hard Headed Woman
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- The Coasters - Yakety Yak
- Jimmie Rodgers - Secretly
- Bobby Darin - Splish Splash
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- Jody Reynolds - Endless Sleep
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?