Monday 10 July 1967
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rebekah Del Rio and Tom Meents.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Windy by The Association.
In UK A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum was in the top 5 hits.
The Dirty Dozen, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Malican père et fils.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 1967!
Which were the important events of 10 July 1967 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
- Rebekah Del Rio: Latin American singer/songwriter.
- Tom Meents: American monster truck driver.
- Silvetty Montilla: Brazilian drag queen performer.
- Ikki Sawamura: Japanese model actor and presenter.
- Gillian Tett: English journalist and author.
- John Yoo: South Korean-American lawyer author and educator
- Bobbie Gentry records Ode to Billie Joe
- Uruguay becomes a member of the Berne Convention copyright treaty.
- Heavy massive rains and a landslide at Kobe and Kure, Hiroshima, Japan, kill at least 371.
- The Greek military regime strips 480 Greeks of their citizenship.
- 1967 Newark riots: After the arrest of an African-American cab driver for allegedly illegally driving around a police car and gunning it down the road, race riots break out in Newark, New Jersey, lasting six days and leaving 26 dead.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 July 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Association - Windy
- The Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul
- Frankie Valli - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
- Scott McKenzie - San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Flowers In Your Hair)
- Petula Clark - Don't Sleep In The Subway
- Every Mothers' Son - Come On Down To My Boat
- The 5th Dimension - Up-Up And Away
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- The 4 Seasons - C'mon Marianne
- Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?