Friday 10 July 1970
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Helen Sjoholm and Gary LeVox.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Mama Told Me (Not To Come) by Three Dog Night.
In UK In The Summertime by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
Chisum, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ace of Wands.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 1970!
Which were the important events of 10 July 1970 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
- Helen Sjoholm: Swedish singer and actress.
- Gary LeVox: American singer (Rascal Flatts).
- John Simm: British actor.
- Jason Orange: UK pop singer and dancer (Take That).
- Gary Levox: Country Singer.
- Bjarni Benediktsson: Icelandic journalist and politician 13th Prime Minister of Iceland (d. 1970).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Three Dog Night - Mama Told Me (Not To Come)
- The Jackson 5 - The Love You Save
- The Temptations - Ball Of Confusion (That's What The World Is Today)
- Blues Image - Ride Captain Ride
- Freda Payne - Band Of Gold
- Melanie - Lay Down (Candles In The Rain)
- Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You
- The Beatles - The Long And Winding Road
- Elvis Presley - The Wonder Of You
- Vanity Fare - Hitchin' A Ride
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?