Tuesday 10 July 2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Umbrella by Rihanna.
Hairspray, directed by Adam Shankman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 2007!
Which were the important events of 10 July 2007 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 July
- A Cessna 310R twin-engine airplane crashes into two homes in Sanford, Florida, killing three adults and two children.
- President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva announces plans to build a nuclear-powered submarine to patrol the waters off Brazil's coast at a cost of US$500 million. (Reuters Alertnet)
- Mexico's Interior Ministry increases security on strategic installations following attacks on pipelines. The People's Revolutionary Army (EPR) has claimed responsibility. (AP via Forbes)
- The Gadhafi Foundation announces a deal has been reached with families of more than 400 children infected with HIV in the case of five Bulgarian nurses and a Palestinian doctor. (AP via the Guardian)
- The European Union chooses Dominique Strauss-Kahn as its nominee to head the International Monetary Fund, making him the frontrunner to fill the position in October. (AP via the NYT)
- All 24 police officers missing after a fight between police and Maoist insurgents in Chhattisgarh central India have been found dead. (Reuters via News Limited)
- Amy St. Eve, the judge in the Conrad Black fraud case, orders the jury to go back to work after it advised her that it couldn't reach a verdict on all the counts before it. (Canadian Press via the Edmonton Sun)
- Raúl Castro, the interim leader of Cuba, sets a date in late October for local elections. (CBC)
- Chester Turner is sentenced to death for the murder of ten women and an unborn child in Los Angeles, California in the 1980s and 1990s. (AP via the IHT)
- Pope Benedict XVI approves a document issued by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith which redeclares the doctrine of Extra Ecclesiam nulla salus, that only the Roman Catholic Church is the true Christian church, and no other Christian denomination has the ampquotmeans of salvation.ampquot (AP via Yahoo! News)
- Mortars hit the Green Zone in Baghdad. The Green Zone has been attacked at least 80 times since March, killing 26. (CBS News)
- Julian Moti is appointed as the Attorney-General of the Solomon Islands despite being wanted in Australia on child sex charges. (AAP via News Limited)
- Simón Trinidad, a high-ranking member of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia, is found guilty of conspiracy to hold three Americans hostage by a U.S. court. (BBC)
- In observance of Captive Nations Week, there was a brief ceremony and laying of a wreath today at the Victims of Communism Memorial, Massachusetts and New Jersey Avenues, NW, Washington, D.C.. On 10 July, George W. Bush issued a Proclamation, designating July 15 through 21 as Captive Nations Week and called upon the American people to reaffirm the country's ampquotcommitment to all those seeking liberty, justice and self-determination.ampquot This year marks the 49th observance of Captive
- Thailand's highest court rules that a corruption case may proceed against former Prime Minister of Thailand Thaksin Shinawatra. (ABC News Australia)
- A Tamil man from Sydney is charged with multiple terrorism charges over alleged links with the Tamil Tigers. (Sydney Morning Herald)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?