Friday 10 July 2009
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
The Ugly Truth, directed by Robert Luketic, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bumps or Coraline.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 2009!
Which were the important events of 10 July 2009 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 July
- General Motors emerges from bankruptcy protection after 40 days, with 60 percent ownership in the hands of the U.S. government.
- July 2009 Ürümqi riots
- Turkey's Prime Minister Erdogan strengthens his rhetoric: ampquotThese incidents in China are as if they are genocide. We ask the Chinese government not to remain a spectator to these incidents.ampquot (Reuters)
- A curfew is reimposed in Ürümqi, days after it was lifted. (BBC)
- The families of ampquotinnocent victimsampquot killed are to receive 200,000 yuan ($29,282) in compensation. (Xinhua)
- The trial of National League for Democracy General Secretary Aung San Suu Kyi resumes after a six week break. (''The Guardian'')
- More than 400,000 people are evacuated following an earthquake in Yunnan, China. (Xinhua)
- One person is killed by a bull, the first such fatality in 14 years, during the Running of the Bulls in Pamplona, Spain. (EITB)
- A senior Iranian cleric calls for changes to the election laws in the country to prevent further post-election unrest in the future. (''The Los Angeles Times'')
- Detained Nigerian leader for the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta Henry Okah accepts an amnesty by government. (''Vanguard'')
- A Paris court convicts four men and a girl in the kidnapping, torture and murder of Ilan Halimi, sentencing the ringleader to life in prison. (AP via Yahoo)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?