Saturday 10 June 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Elias Sosa and Emily Davis.
Father of the Bride, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hawkins Falls: A Television Novel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 June 1950!
Which were the important events of 10 June 1950 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
- Elias Sosa: Dominican Major League Baseball pitcher.
- Emily Davis: American explorer, an impassioned spelunker (cave explorer) from the first time she discovered the mysterious world underground, 1969.
- John Gianelli: American athlete, pro-basketball player for several teams from 1972-1980.
- Elías Sosa: Dominican-American baseball player.
- 50th US Golf Open: Ben Hogan shoots a 287 at Merion Golf Club, Pennsylvania
- 82nd Belmont: William Boland aboard Middleground wins in 2:28.6
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bonaparte's Retreat - Gene Krupa & His Orchestra
- Mona Lisa - Nat King Cole (Les Baxter & His Orchestra)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?