Friday 10 June 1966
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Paint It, Black by The Rolling Stones.
In UK Strangers In The Night by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Khartoum, directed by Basil Dearden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 June 1966!
Which were the important events of 10 June 1966 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
- Doug McKeon in New Jersey: USA; actor (Big Shamus Little Shamus, Centennial).
- Hubertus: Prince Hubertus of Hohenzollern.
- David Platt: English footballer and manager.
- Theresa Caputo: Reality Star.
- Doug McKeon: American actor, he started as a child actor, known for role of little Shamus on "Big Shamus, Little Shamus".
- Beatles Paperback Writer is released in the UK
- Beatles record Rain, 1st to use reverse tapes
- Mamas and Papas win gold record for Monday, Monday
- Cleveland Indians' Sonny Siebert no-hits Washington Senators, 2-0.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Mamas & The Papas - Monday, Monday
- The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black
- Percy Sledge - When A Man Loves A Woman
- Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?
- The Mindbenders - A Groovy Kind Of Love
- Simon and Garfunkel - I Am A Rock
- Robert Parker - Barefootin'
- James Brown - It's A Man's Man's Man's World
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Green Grass
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?