Thursday 10 June 1971
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include DeWayne Dotson and Jeff Rodgers.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Want Ads by The Honey Cone.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Death in Venice, directed by Luchino Visconti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Über ganz Spanien wolkenloser Himmel.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Oregon Trail or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 June 1971!
Which were the important events of 10 June 1971 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
- DeWayne Dotson: NFL linebacker (Miami Dolphins).
- Jeff Rodgers: WLAF defensive end (Frankfurt Galaxy).
- Leanza Cornet: TV host (Entertainment Tonight).
- Bobby Jindal: American politician, Governor of Louisiana elected on October 20, 2007.
- Helen Kirk: American who allegedly strangled to death her three-year old boy on March 8, 2005 in Carver, MA.
- Joel Hailey: American singer-songwriter (K-Ci & JoJo and Jodeci)
- Bruno N'Gotty: French football player
- Erik Rutan: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Morbid Angel Alas Hate Eternal and Ripping Corpse)
- Kyle Sandilands: Australian radio host and TV personality
- 11 die in a train crash in Salem, Illinois
- 44th National Spelling Bee: Jonathan Knisely wins spelling shalloon
- Eleven die in a train crash in Salem, Illinois.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 June 1971
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- Carpenters - Rainy Days And Mondays
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- Donny Osmond - Sweet And Innocent
- Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like A Lady
- The Partridge Family - I'll Meet You Halfway
- Aretha Franklin - Bridge Over Troubled Water
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?