Thursday 10 June 1976
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Silly Love Songs by Wings.
In UK Fernando by Abba was in the top 5 hits.
Silent Movie, directed by Mel Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1976.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 June 1976!
Which were the important events of 10 June 1976 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
- Freddy Garcia: American baseball player.
- Georg Friedrich: Prince of Prussia.
- Zekiye Şatır: Turkish archer.
- Alari Lell: Estonian footballer.
- James Moore: Canadian journalist and politician 22nd Canadian Minister of Aboriginal Affairs.
- Esther Ouwehand: Dutch politician
- Stefan Postma: Dutch footballer and coach
- Lisa Jean Costantino: Miss USA-Vermont (1997)
- Hadi Saei: Iranian martial artist
- Hadi Saei Bonehkohal: Persian taekwondoka
- Adolph Zukor: Hungarian-American film producer co-founded Paramount Pictures (d. 1976).
- 49th National Spelling Bee: Tim Kneale wins spelling narcolepsy
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wings - Silly Love Songs
- Silver Convention - Get Up And Boogie (That's Right)
- Dorothy Moore - Misty Blue
- Diana Ross - Love Hangover
- Pratt and McClain - Happy Days
- Henry Gross - Shannon
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Sara Smile
- Captain and Tennille - Shop Around
- More, More, More (Part 1) - Andrea True Connection
- The Rolling Stones - Fool To Cry
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?