Wednesday 10 June 1981
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Bette Davis Eyes by Kim Carnes.
In UK Being With You by Smokey Robinson was in the top 5 hits.
History of the World: Part I, directed by Mel Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Noble House by James Clavell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 June 1981!
Which were the important events of 10 June 1981 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
- Hoku : American singer-songwriter guitarist and actress.
- Prince Hashim bin Al Hussein: Jordanian royalty.
- Hashim: Prince Hashim bin Hussein of Jordan.
- Mat Jackson: English race car driver.
- Albie Morkel: South African cricketer.
- Jonathan Bennett: American actor
- Burton O'Brien: Scottish footballer
- Arwind Santos: Filipino basketball player
- Nicky Whelan: Australian actress and model
- Andrey Yepishin: Russian sprinter
- Hoku Ho: Hawaiian singer and musician.
- Russell "Lucky" Hayden: Actor (Judge Roy Bean), dies at 68.
- Seven Brothers Square in Bronx named honoring 7 Santini Bro Moving Company
- Sebastian Coe of England sets the 800m record (1:41.73) in Florence, Italy.
- The Reagan administration requests authorization from Congress to sell silver beginning in October to help balance the federal budget.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
- Stars On 45 - Medley
- Smokey Robinson - Being With You
- George Harrison - All Those Years Ago
- Taste Of Honey, A - Sukiyaki
- Ray Parker Jr. - A Woman Needs Love (Just Like You Do)
- REO Speedwagon - Take It On The Run
- Gino Vannelli - Living Inside Myself
- Neil Diamond - America
- Franke & The Knockouts - Sweetheart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?