Thursday 10 June 1982
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Leelee Sobieski and Princess Madeleine.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Ebony And Ivory by Paul McCartney.
In UK Goody Two Shoes by Adam Ant was in the top 5 hits.
Firefox, directed by Clint Eastwood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Man From St. Petersburg by Ken Follett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Mysterious Cities of Gold.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Motor Mania or Shark! Shark!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 June 1982!
Which were the important events of 10 June 1982 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
- Leelee Sobieski: American actress.
- Princess Madeleine: Duchess of Halsingland and Gastrikland, Swedish royalty.
- Ana Lucia Souza: Brazilian ballet dancer.
- Issa Doumbia: French-Malian stand-up comedian and actor, he grew up in Trappes, western suburb of Paris, with Jamel Debbouze and Omar Sy who attented the same acting center a few years before.
- Madeleine : Swedish royalty, the youngest child of King Carl XVI Gustaf and his wife Queen Silvia.
- Tara Lipinski: American figure skater.
- Laleh : Iranian-Swedish singer-songwriter and actress
- Gaby Dela Merced: Filipino race car driver
- Steve Guerdat: Swiss horse rider
- Elyse Sewell: American model
- Ana Souza: Brazilian ballerina and journalist
- Nils Økland: Norwegian Esperantist and teacher
- Taxi, last airs on ABC, moves to NBC in the fall
- Battle of Sultan Yakoub - 3 IDF members captured
- John N McMahon replaces Bobby R Inman becomes Deputy Director of CIA
- Israeli troops reach outskirts of Beirut, Lebanon.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 June 1982
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Ebony And Ivory
- Rick Springfield - Don't Talk To Strangers
- The Human League - Don't You Want Me
- Ray Parker Jr. - The Other Woman
- Willie Nelson - Always On My Mind
- Asia - Heat Of The Moment
- Toto - Rosanna
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - Crimson And Clover
- Tommy Tutone - 867-5309/Jenny
- Deniece Williams - It's Gonna Take A Miracle
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?