Friday 10 June 1988
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to One More Try by George Michael.
In UK With A Little Help From My Friends / She's Leaving Home by Wet Wet Wet / Billy Bragg With Cara Tivey was in the top 5 hits.
The Great Outdoors, directed by Howard Deutch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Zoya by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1988.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 June 1988!
Which were the important events of 10 June 1988 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
- Jeff Teague: Basketball Player.
- Danielle Peazer: Dancer.
- Patrik Lindberg: Swedish gamer.
- Melanie Müller: German porn actress and model.
- Becki Ronen: American model Miss Kansas 2009.
- Kelly Vitz: American actress
- Greatest number of participants (31,678) on a bicycle tour (London, England).
- Spontaneous 100,000 strong mass night-singing demonstrations in Estonia, that eventually give name to the Singing Revolution.
- The name of the General Public License (GPL) is mentioned for the first time.
- Wembley Stadium hosts a concert featuring stars from the fields of music, comedy and film, in celebration of the 70th birthday of imprisoned ANC leader Nelson Mandela.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Michael - One More Try
- Rick Astley - Together Forever (Remix)
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Everything Your Heart Desires
- Johnny Hates Jazz - Shattered Dreams
- Samantha Fox - Naughty Girls (Need Love Too)
- Debbie Gibson - Foolish Beat
- The Jets - Make It Real
- Michael Jackson - Dirty Diana
- Belinda Carlisle - Circle In The Sand
- Bruce Hornsby - The Valley Road
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?