Monday 10 June 1996
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Dixon and Ryan Robertson.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Tha Crossroads by Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.
In UK Three Lions by Baddiel & Skinner and The Lightning Seeds was in the top 5 hits.
Stealing Beauty, directed by Bernardo Bertolucci, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Runaway Jury by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Si Doel anak sekolahan.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battle Arena Nitoshinden or Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 June 1996!
Which were the important events of 10 June 1996 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
- Chris Dixon: YouTube Star.
- Ryan Robertson: Pop Singer.
- FIFAManny : YouTube Star.
- Julian De La Celle: American actor.
- Kristjan Ilves: Estonian skier.
- Hugh Burnton Mitchell: US senator, dies at 89.
- Norman Lambert: British restuarateur.
- Uno Choyo: Writer, dies at 98.
- Marie-Louise Von Motesiczky: Austrian painter (born 1906).
- George Hees: Canadian football player and politician (d. 1996).
- Jo Van Fleet: Actress (Seize the Day, Cinderella), dies at 75
- 30th Music City News Country Awards: Alan Jackson
- Colo Avalanche sweeps Florida Panthers by winning 1-0 in 6 periods
- Howard Stern Radio Show premieres in Toledo OH on WBUZ 106.5 FM
- Intel releases 200 mhz pentium chip
- Stanley Cup: Colo Avalanche sweep Florida Panthers in 4 games
- Peace talks begin in Northern Ireland without the participation of Sinn Fein.
- In the Andreanof Islands, Alaska, magnitude 7.9 and 7.3 earthquakes occurs.
- An explosion in a São Paulo suburban shopping centre kills 44 and injures more than 100.
- A peace convoy carrying Chechen separatist leaders and international diplomats is targeted by a series of remotely controlled land mines 8 are killed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Tha Crossroads
- Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
- Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason
- Toni Braxton - You're Makin' Me High
- Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me
- SWV - You're The One
- Tony Rich Project - Nobody Knows
- Alanis Morissette - Ironic
- George Michael - Fastlove
- Adam Clayton & Larry Mullen - Theme From Mission Impossible
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?