Tuesday 10 June 2008
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Lollipop by Lil Wayne.
The Happening, directed by M. Night Shyamalan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Hollow by Nora Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Moon Machines.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Atlantica Online or Bleach: The 3rd Phantom.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 June 2008!
Which were the important events of 10 June 2008 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 June
- Chinghiz Aitmatov: Kyrgyzstani-born Soviet writer (Born 1928).
- Fire engulfs Sudan Airways Flight 109 after it lands in Khartoum, killing 44.
- The Gamma-ray Large Area Space Telescope is launched.
- Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper apologizes to Canada's First Nations for the Canadian residential school system.
- Two Kenyan ministers – Roads Minister Kipkalya Kones and Assistant Home Affairs Minister Lorna Laboso – die in a plane crash near Narok in western Kenya while traveling to campaign in by-elections. (BBC News)
- President of Venezuela Hugo Chávez revokes an intelligence law that opposition groups and the Roman Catholic church claim would have forced citizens to become government informants and asks the National Assembly to develop new legislation. (Bloomberg)
- A Moroccan court sentences 29 people to prison sentences for recruiting people to fight for militants in Iraq. (Reuters)
- President George W. Bush attends the final United States-European Union summit of his Presidency with agreements to tighten sanctions against Iran for its nuclear program. (AP via Google News)
- United States Republican senators block moves to levy a windfall profits tax on oil companies. (MarketWatch)
- Water from the Tangjiashan Lake, created in the 2008 Sichuan earthquake, floods the abandoned town of Beichuan. (Reuters)
- A series of strong thunderstorms track through Southern Quebec, causing heavy damage south of Montreal and leaving over 250,000 people out of electricity. Champlain Bridge is closed for several hours after a wind gust causes over a half-dozen semi-trailer to tip on their side. (SRC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?