Wednesday 10 June 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
The Hangover, directed by Todd Phillips, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 June 2009!
Which were the important events of 10 June 2009 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 June
- The leadership of the 30th Dáil Éireann in Ireland, representing Fianna Fáil and the Irish Green Party, win a motion of confidence. (RTÉ)
- At least two people are shot at the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington D.C., with an elderly white supremacist as the main suspect. (CNN)
- Thousands of people demonstrate in solidarity with victims of child abuse in Dublin as hundreds of victims are invited to meet Irish President Mary McAleese. (''Irish Independent'')
- Setanta Sports announce it has stopped taking on new subscriptions in order to ampquotsecure the future of the businessampquot. (RTÉ)
- French authorities say two passengers on board Air France Flight 447 were linked to Islamic terrorism. (Reuters through Yahoo news)
- 41 bodies have thus far been recovered. (RTÉ)
- A car bomb exploded in a crowded market in the town of Bathaa in the southern Iraqi province of Dhiqar, killing up to 35 persons and injuring dozens of others. (''Huffington Post'')
- Massive demonstrations are held in various places in the Philippines against the passage of the Constituent Assembly to amend the Constitution. (''Philippine Daily Inquirer'')
- A two-day strike by the United Kingdom National Union of Rail, Maritime and Transport Workers disrupts train services in London. (''the Times'')
- Russia begins destroying 6,000 tons of nerve gas in Shchuchye, Kurgan Oblast. (Sky News)
- The United Nations Security Council, along with Japan and South Korea, agrees a draft resolution following North Korea's recent nuclear and missile tests. (BBC)
- Palau agrees to accept up to 17 Chinese Uighurs from Guantanamo Bay detention camp. (Bloomberg)
- The Thai army is sent to reinforce positions along Thailand's border with Burma after an influx of Karen refugees following a Burmese army offensive in Karen state. (BBC)
- Rose Francine Rogombé is sworn in as acting head of state in Gabon, following the death of Omar Bongo Ondimba. (AFP)
- Nine miners die and four are still missing after an accident at a coal mine in Donetsk, Ukraine. (BBC)
- Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi arrives in Rome on his first visit to Italy, Libya's former colonial ruler and now its biggest trading partner, wearing a photograph of Omar Mukhtar. (BBC)
- Google Inc. announced that it has received notice from the United States Department of Justice that antitrust investigators are studying its settlement with publishers designed to put millions of books online consistent with the property rights of authors. (Reuters)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2009 ?
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?