Sunday 10 June 2012
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Audriauna Null .
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye.
Inseparable, directed by Dayyan Eng, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Freed by E L James was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gravity Falls.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Abobo's Big Adventure or Dream PetHouse.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 June 2012!
Which were the important events of 10 June 2012 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
- Syrian activists claim that at least 35 people have died in an Syrian Army offensive in Homs over the past day. (Reuters)
- A state of emergency is declared in western Burma after clashes between Buddhists and Muslims. (BBC)
- The 66th Tony Awards for American theatre are held at the Beacon Theatre in New York City with ''Clybourne Park'' winning the Tony Award for Best Play and ''Once'' winning the Tony Award for Best Musical''. (''New York Times'')
- Data released on the website of the General Administration of Customs in the People's Republic of China indicates that China is significantly increasing its importation of crude oil to a record high, and some refineries have increased their processing rate. (''Business Week'')
- Kenyan Cabinet Minister George Saitoti and five other people are killed in a helicopter crash in the Ngong Hills near Nairobi. (Capital FM Kenya)
- A 6.0 magnitude earthquake strikes near the Aegean Sea resort of Oludeniz in southern Turkey, resulting in dozens of injuries especially in the city of Fethiye. (AFP via News Limited)
- Flash floods in West Yorkshire, England, close the M1 Motorway. (BBC)
- Heavy rainfall damages roadways and bridges the Southeastern United States, with 20 inches falling in Escambia County, Florida. (CNN)
- Over documents delivered to Saif al-Islam, detained son of slain leader Muammar Gaddafi, Libya arrests an Australian lawyer from the International Criminal Court (ICC) for trying ampquotto deliver documents to the accused, documents that have nothing to do with his case and that represent a danger to the security of Libyaampquot. (Al Jazeera)
- Three people are shot to death and three are wounded during a party held at an apartment complex near the campus of Auburn University in Auburn, Alabama, U.S. (CNN)
- Venezuelan president Hugo Chávez claims his latest tests since his cancer treatment claim to deliver ampquotabsolutely fineampquot results. (Al Jazeera)
- Local elections take place in Romania. The ruling Social Liberal Union wins by a landslide. (Reuters)
- Voters in France go to the polls for the first round of parliamentary elections with the Socialist Party doing well. (Reuters)
- Nikica Jelavić's controversial offside goal helps Croatia to a victory over the Irish at the Stadion Miejski in Poznań. (RTÉ)
- Spain and Italy draw in the early game at the Stadion Miejski in Wrocław. (BBC)
- Germany hit by a UEFA disciplinary after firing missiles onto the pitch in their game yesterday. (BBC)
- Usain Bolt is unhurt following a car accident in Jamaica. (BBC)
- In golf, Shanshan Feng becomes the first Chinese player to win a major after winning the 2012 LPGA Championship. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2012 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?