Monday 10 March 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Ingagi, directed by William S. Campbell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 10 March 1930 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 10 March 1930 ?
- Saint Anastasia
- Saint Macharius (d.335)
- Saint John Ogilvie (died 1615)
- Saint Himelin
- Saint Blankaard
- Tibetian national Uprising day
- Fans of video game character Mario celebrate Mar10 Day, by singing songs about him, watching the movie and show, and playing Mario games.
- Doctors Day - (Venezuela).
See other famous people born on 10 March
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1930?
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Royal Cortissoz -- Mar. 10, 1930
- Science: Science vol. 71 issue 1836
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Pointer Mary Blue -- Mar. 3, 1930
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Restless Yancey Cravat, a pioneer newspaper editor and lawyer, settles in Osage, a muddy town thrown together overnight when the Oklahoma territory opens in 1889. To this place he brings his wife Sabra, a woman both conventional and well-bred.
1930. Warwick, a best-selling novelist in both Europe and America in the 1920s and 1930s, became a household name in the years following the publication of Sorrell and Son.
1930. American writer and playwright, he is best known for the Pulitzer Prize awarded his play Our Town in 1938. His second novel, The Bridge of San Luis Rey won the Pulitzer Prize in 1928.
Tell the world why 10 March 1930 is such a special date for you!