Thursday 10 March 1960
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Linda Jezek and Uwe Fahrenkrog-Petersen.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK Running Bear by Johnny Preston was in the top 5 hits.
Can-Can, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pony Express.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 March 1960!
Which were the important events of 10 March 1960 ?
- Saint Anastasia
- Saint Macharius (d.335)
- Saint John Ogilvie (died 1615)
- Saint Himelin
- Saint Blankaard
- Tibetian national Uprising day
- Fans of video game character Mario celebrate Mar10 Day, by singing songs about him, watching the movie and show, and playing Mario games.
- Doctors Day - (Venezuela).
- Linda Jezek: California, United States -- Backstroke swimmer (Pan Am Gold-1979).
- Uwe Fahrenkrog-Petersen: German keyboardist and songwriter.
- Carole Amiel: French companion of Yves Montand who bore his son Valentin, 31 December 1988 in Nice, France.
- Aécio Neves: Aécio Neves da Cunha is a Brazilian economist, politician and president of the Brazilian Social Democracy Party (PSDB).
- Lance Burton: American magician.
- Antonio Corgos: Spanish long jumper
- Jörn-Uwe Fahrenkrog-Petersen: German-American keyboard player songwriter and producer (Nena)
- Gail Greenwood: American bass player (Belly and L7)
- Anne MacKenzie: journalist and broadcaster
- USSR agrees to stop nuclear testing.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 March 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- Bobby Rydell - Wild One
- Jack Scott - What In The World's Come Over You
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- Bobby Darin - Beyond The Sea
- Dinah Washington - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
- The Everly Brothers - Let It Be Me
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?