Tuesday 10 March 1964
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles.
In UK Little Children by Billy J Kramer & The Dakotas was in the top 5 hits.
Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow, directed by Vittorio De Sica, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 March 1964!
Which were the important events of 10 March 1964 ?
- Saint Anastasia
- Saint Macharius (d.335)
- Saint John Ogilvie (died 1615)
- Saint Himelin
- Saint Blankaard
- Tibetian national Uprising day
- Fans of video game character Mario celebrate Mar10 Day, by singing songs about him, watching the movie and show, and playing Mario games.
- Doctors Day - (Venezuela).
- Edward: British royalty, the son and fourth child of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip; third in line for the throne.
- Earl of Wessex Prince Edward: Royalty.
- Neneh Cherry: Swedish singer-songwriter.
- David Faber: American television reporter.
- Jojo Lastimosa: Filipino basketball player and coach.
- Nikola Mladenov: Macedonian journalist (d. 2013)
- Cynthia Brimhall: Ogden, Utah -- Playmate (Oct, 1985)
- Edward Anthony Richard Louis: Prince of Britain / Elizabeth II grandson
- Patrick Kane: Scottish musician and co-founder of the group "Hue and Cry" with his brother Gregory in 1985. Their first single was released in 1986, with greater success in 1987. Outspoken and articulate, Patrick has also worked as a TV presenter and music journalist from 1985 and is a vocal supporter of the Scottish Nationalist Party. He was elected the Rector of Glasgow University in 1990.
- US reconnaissance plane shot down over East Germany.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- The Beatles - She Loves You
- The Beatles - Please Please Me
- The Four Seasons - Dawn (Go Away)
- Al (He's the King) Hirt - Java
- Diane Renay - Navy Blue
- The Beach Boys - Fun, Fun, Fun
- The Rivieras - California Sun
- Bobby Goldsboro - See The Funny Little Clown
- Al Martino - I Love You More And More Every Day
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?