Sunday 10 March 1985
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Can't Fight This Feeling by REO Speedwagon.
In UK You Spin Me Round (Like A Record) by Dead Or Alive was in the top 5 hits.
Mask, directed by Peter Bogdanovich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while If Tomorrow Comes by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1985.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 March 1985!
Which were the important events of 10 March 1985 ?
- Saint Anastasia
- Saint Macharius (d.335)
- Saint John Ogilvie (died 1615)
- Saint Himelin
- Saint Blankaard
- Tibetian national Uprising day
- Fans of video game character Mario celebrate Mar10 Day, by singing songs about him, watching the movie and show, and playing Mario games.
- Doctors Day - (Venezuela).
- Lassana Diarra: French-Malian soccer player, playing for the national French team.
- Casey Dienel: American singer-songwriter and pianist.
- Morgan Uceny: American runner.
- Konstantin Chernenko: General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union (Born 1911).
- Bob Nieman: American baseball player, a right-handed outfielder who played with the St. Louis Browns (1951-1952), Detroit Tigers (1953-1954), Chicago White Sox (1955-1956), Baltimore Orioles (1956-1959), St. Louis Cardinals (1960-1961), Cleveland Indians (1961-1962), San Francisco Giants (1962), and Chunichi Dragons (1963) (NPB).
- Ice Pairs Championship at Tokyo won by Elena Valova and O Vasiliev (URS)
- Mens Figure Skating Championship in Tokyo won by Alexandr Fadeev (URS)
- Dallas Mavericks' coach Dick Motta is fourth NBA coach to win 700 games.
- French socialists lose election (National Front 9 percent).
- Bonnie Lauer wins Uniden LPGA Golf Invitational.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- REO Speedwagon - Can't Fight This Feeling
- Wham! - Careless Whisper
- Glenn Frey - The Heat Is On
- David Lee Roth - California Girls
- Madonna - Material Girl
- Julian Lennon - Too Late For Goodbyes
- Pointer Sisters - Neutron Dance
- Foreigner - I Want To Know What Love Is
- Sheena Easton - Sugar Walls
- Kool & The Gang - Misled
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?