Saturday 10 March 2007
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to This Is Why I'm Hot by Mims.
In UK Shine by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Hot Fuzz, directed by Edgar Wright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 March 2007!
Which were the important events of 10 March 2007 ?
- Saint Anastasia
- Saint Macharius (d.335)
- Saint John Ogilvie (died 1615)
- Saint Himelin
- Saint Blankaard
- Tibetian national Uprising day
- Fans of video game character Mario celebrate Mar10 Day, by singing songs about him, watching the movie and show, and playing Mario games.
- Doctors Day - (Venezuela).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 March
- Five people drown in heavy flooding around the town of Labasa on the island of Vanua Levu in Fiji. (ABC News Australia)
- Twenty people die and 9 are missing after a flood in a coal mine in Fushun, a city in the province of Shenyang in China. (AP via Forbes)
- President George W. Bush approves 8,200 more United States troops for Iraq and Afghanistan. (Washington Post)
- Thousands of supporters of legislation giving equal rights on issues to heterosexual and gay couples in Italy attend a rally in Rome. (AP via the Houston Chronicle)
- Sri Lankan Civil War: More than 30,000 Sri Lankans flee intensifying fighting between the Government and the Tamil Tigers in the east of Sri Lanka. (ABC Australia)
- Tens of thousands of people in Madrid protest the release of jailed Basque separatist José Ignacio de Juana Chaos. (BBC)
- The launch of the European Space Agency's latest Ariane 5 mission from French Guiana, carrying a platform for the Skynet 5 military satellite system for use by the UK Ministry of Defence, is postponed due to a minor technical failure (BBC)
- Zambia starts a program of mass demolition of illegal housing starting in the capital Lusaka. The demolitions are to end corruption in the distribution of land plots highlighted by the recent sacking of Lands Minister Gladys Nyirongo. (Reuters via IOL South Africa)
- Yearlong talks on the future of Kosovo end in stalemate between the Serbian Government and the ethnic Albanian leaders of the province. (CNN)
- War in Iraq:
- A number of bombs detonate at the above event, but there are no casualties. (SkyNews)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
- Ludacris - Runaway Love
- Break It Off - Rihanna
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?