Thursday 10 March 2011
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Born This Way by Lady GaGa.
Detention, directed by Joseph Kahn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Alone by Lisa Gardner was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chandragupta Maurya.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beat Hazard or Blueprint 3D.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 March 2011!
Which were the important events of 10 March 2011 ?
- Saint Anastasia
- Saint Macharius (d.335)
- Saint John Ogilvie (died 1615)
- Saint Himelin
- Saint Blankaard
- Tibetian national Uprising day
- Fans of video game character Mario celebrate Mar10 Day, by singing songs about him, watching the movie and show, and playing Mario games.
- Doctors Day - (Venezuela).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 March
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- France recognizes the National Transitional Council as the sole legitimate representative of the Libyan people. (France 24)
- A British and a Brazilian journalist are reported missing. (''The Guardian'')
- Pro-Gaddafi forces claim that they have taken control of Ra's Lanuf with dozens of people killed. (''The Guardian'')
- The United States suspends relations with the Libyan embassy in Washington D.C.. (AP via ''Las Vegas Review-Journal'')
- Philippine Army forces attack Abu Sayyaf fighters in a mangrove in Sacol Island in Zamboanga City. (AP via ''Monterey County Herald'')
- At least three army recruits are killed in a riot at a military training camp in Kissidougou, southern Guinea. (''People's Daily'')
- A clash between rebels and Sudanese troops in Darfur kills 17 people. (Reuters)
- NATO forces in Afghanistan kill the cousin of President Hamid Karzai in an overnight raid. (BBC)
- An oil pipeline in the Ninawa Governorate in northern Iraq is bombed preventing the flow of thousands of barrels of oil. (CNN)
- Saudi police open fire on protesters in Qatif. (AP via ''The Washington Post'')
- The disputed government of Côte d'Ivoire imposes a ban on United Nations flights from flying over or landing in the country. (BBC)
- China posts a trade deficit for the first time since March 2010, amid slowing exports. (''Shanghai Daily'')
- The Bank of Korea increases the main interest rate in South Korea by a quarter percentage point to 3% due to concerns over inflation. (Market Watch via Fox Business News)
- Moody's downgrades Spain's credit rating to Aa2 due to the cost of restructuring the Spanish banking system. (''Financial Times'')
- Flood waters cut off access to towns in North Queensland. (AP via Yahoo! News)
- A senior diplomat in charge of relations with Japan at the United States State Department is replaced for allegedly making disparaging remarks about the people of Okinawa. (AP via ''Washington Post'')
- Hillary Clinton, the United States Secretary of State, announces plans to visit Egypt and Tunisia this week. (Reuters)
- More than 30 people in and around the US city of Baltimore, Maryland, are arrested on drugs charges, including actress Felicia Pearson from television series ''The Wire''. (''The Washington Post'')
- A Federal grand jury indicts eleven members of a firearms trafficking ring based in Columbus, New Mexico including the mayor and police chief. (''Las Cruces Sun News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2011 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?