Saturday 10 March 2012
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) by Kelly Clarkson.
21 Jump Street, directed by Phil Lord, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 March 2012!
Which were the important events of 10 March 2012 ?
- Saint Anastasia
- Saint Macharius (d.335)
- Saint John Ogilvie (died 1615)
- Saint Himelin
- Saint Blankaard
- Tibetian national Uprising day
- Fans of video game character Mario celebrate Mar10 Day, by singing songs about him, watching the movie and show, and playing Mario games.
- Doctors Day - (Venezuela).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 March
- Arab Spring:
- Syrian uprising: At least 45 women and children are killed and burned in Homs after the United Nations visited Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to discuss the uprising. (CNN)
- March 2012 Gaza-Israel clashes: At least 130 rockets are fired into Israel from Gaza, and 12 Palestinians militants are killed as part of the latest escalation in violence in the region. (AP)
- Clashes take place in Somalia, where Al-Shabaab ambush Ethiopian troops. (BBC)
- Four people are killed and dozens injured in a grenade attack in Nairobi, Kenya (BBC)
- French comics artist Jean Giraud, also known as Mœbius, the creator of Blueberry and a range of influential science-fiction comics, dies at age 73. (Europe1)
- A fire in Peru destroys half a million textbooks and other education materials. (BBC)
- The leftist opposition party Smer-Social Democracy wins a clear majority in the Slovakian parliamentary election. (AP)
- U.S. Republican presidential caucuses:
- Mitt Romney wins the caucuses in Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, the Virgin Islands and Wyoming. (''USA Today'')
- Rick Santorum wins the caucus in Kansas. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- New protests erupt in Russia, after last week's election of Vladimir Putin as President for a third term. (BBC)
- Frank Sherwood Rowland, the winner of the 1995 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for warning about the depletion of the ozone layer, dies in the US state of California. (AP via Yahoo News)
- Canadian cross skier Nick Zoricic dies, at the age of 29, after a crash during a race in Grindelwald, Switzerland. (BBC)
- The Egyptian Football Association agrees to cancel the 2011-12 Egyptian Premier League season following the Port Said Stadium disaster. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?