Sunday 10 May 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ingram Douglas Marshall and Youssouf Sambo Ba.
This Gun for Hire, directed by Frank Tuttle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 May 1942!
Which were the important events of 10 May 1942 ?
- Saint Gordianus
- Saint Isidore the Laborer
- Saint John of Avila
- Saint Job
- Saint Quaratus and Quintus
- Saint Peter Van
- Saint William of Pontoise
- Buddha's Birthday in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea.
- Saint Francis of Assisi
- Saint Solange
- The first possible day on which Pentecost may fall.
- Akshaya Tritya in Hinduism.
- Astronomy Day in the United States.
- Birds' and Trees' Day in Hungary
- Memorial Day of Blessed Damien of Moloka'i
- Celebration of the Clandestine Retreat of Ma'at and Ra in Ancient Egypt.
- Constitution Day in the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Inauguration Day in South Africa.
- Mania (mythology) in Ancient Rome.
- The marriage of Shiva to Meenakshi in Madurai, India
- Ingram Douglas Marshall: Composer.
- Youssouf Sambo Ba: Burkinabe politician.
- Chantal Goya: Vietnamese-born French singer (father called Deguerre and mother de la ViIlejégu) and actress.
- Pascal Lainé: French writer and philosopher.
- Jim Calhoun: American basketball player and coach.
- Youssouf Bâ: Nigerien-Burkinabe educator and politician
- Joseph M Weber: comedian/singer (Weber and Lewis Fields), dies at age 74.
- World War II: The Thai Phayap Army invades the Shan States during the Burma Campaign.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?