Friday 10 May 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
A Night in Casablanca, directed by Archie L. Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 May 1946!
Which were the important events of 10 May 1946 ?
- Saint Gordianus
- Saint Isidore the Laborer
- Saint John of Avila
- Saint Job
- Saint Quaratus and Quintus
- Saint Peter Van
- Saint William of Pontoise
- Buddha's Birthday in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea.
- Saint Francis of Assisi
- Saint Solange
- The first possible day on which Pentecost may fall.
- Akshaya Tritya in Hinduism.
- Astronomy Day in the United States.
- Birds' and Trees' Day in Hungary
- Memorial Day of Blessed Damien of Moloka'i
- Celebration of the Clandestine Retreat of Ma'at and Ra in Ancient Egypt.
- Constitution Day in the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Inauguration Day in South Africa.
- Mania (mythology) in Ancient Rome.
- The marriage of Shiva to Meenakshi in Madurai, India
- Henri Ronse: Belgian director, manager.
- Dave Mason: English musician (Traffic).
- Graham Gouldman in Manchester: England; bassist (10cc - "No Milk Today").
- Maureen Lipman: British comedy actress who first came to attention in a short-lived comedy series, "A Soft Touch," July to September 1978.
- Donovan : Scottish musician, a star from 1965 as a 19-year-old phenomenon when "Sunshine Superman" topped the charts.
- Georges Beller: French radio producer.
- Graham Gouldman: English guitarist and songwriter (10cc The Mindbenders and Wax)
- Diderik Wagenaar: Dutch composer and musical theorist
- Red Sox win 15th straight beat Yanks 5-4, DiMaggio hits Grand Slam
- Umberto II succeeds Victor Emmanuel III as king of Italy.
- First successful launch of an American V-2 rocket at White Sands Proving Ground.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Ink Spots - The Gypsy
- Bumble Boogie - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?