Friday 10 May 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dave Mason and Graham Gouldman in Manchester.
A Night in Casablanca, directed by Archie L. Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Hour Glass.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 May 1946!
Which were the important events of 10 May 1946 ?
- Saint Gordianus
- Saint Isidore the Laborer
- Saint John of Avila
- Saint Job
- Saint Quaratus and Quintus
- Saint Peter Van
- Saint William of Pontoise
- Buddha's Birthday in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea.
- Saint Francis of Assisi
- Saint Solange
- The first possible day on which Pentecost may fall.
- Akshaya Tritya in Hinduism.
- Astronomy Day in the United States.
- Birds' and Trees' Day in Hungary
- Memorial Day of Blessed Damien of Moloka'i
- Celebration of the Clandestine Retreat of Ma'at and Ra in Ancient Egypt.
- Constitution Day in the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Inauguration Day in South Africa.
- Mania (mythology) in Ancient Rome.
- The marriage of Shiva to Meenakshi in Madurai, India
- Dave Mason: English musician (Traffic).
- Graham Gouldman in Manchester: England; bassist (10cc - "No Milk Today").
- Georges Beller: French radio producer.
- Donovan : Scottish musician, a star from 1965 as a 19-year-old phenomenon when "Sunshine Superman" topped the charts.
- Maureen Lipman: British comedy actress who first came to attention in a short-lived comedy series, "A Soft Touch," July to September 1978.
- Henri Ronse: Belgian director, manager. He died on 12 December 2010.
- Graham Gouldman: English guitarist and songwriter (10cc The Mindbenders and Wax)
- Diderik Wagenaar: Dutch composer and musical theorist
- Red Sox win 15th straight beat Yanks 5-4, DiMaggio hits Grand Slam
- Umberto II succeeds Victor Emmanuel III as king of Italy.
- First successful launch of an American V-2 rocket at White Sands Proving Ground.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Ink Spots - The Gypsy
- Bumble Boogie - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?