Saturday 10 May 1958
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Witch Doctor by David Seville.
In UK Whole Lotta Woman by Marvin Rainwater was in the top 5 hits.
Gigi, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 May 1958!
Which were the important events of 10 May 1958 ?
- Saint Gordianus
- Saint Isidore the Laborer
- Saint John of Avila
- Saint Job
- Saint Quaratus and Quintus
- Saint Peter Van
- Saint William of Pontoise
- Buddha's Birthday in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea.
- Saint Francis of Assisi
- Saint Solange
- The first possible day on which Pentecost may fall.
- Akshaya Tritya in Hinduism.
- Astronomy Day in the United States.
- Birds' and Trees' Day in Hungary
- Memorial Day of Blessed Damien of Moloka'i
- Celebration of the Clandestine Retreat of Ma'at and Ra in Ancient Egypt.
- Constitution Day in the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Inauguration Day in South Africa.
- Mania (mythology) in Ancient Rome.
- The marriage of Shiva to Meenakshi in Madurai, India
- Rick Santorum: American Republican Party politician.
- Gaetan Boucher: Canadian speed skater.
- Yu Suzuki: Japanese creator of Virtua Fighter series.
- Ellen Ochoa in Los Angeles: California, USA; PhD/astronaut (STS 56, 66).
- Ellen Ochoa: Astronaut.
- Yvan Gradis: French writer, proofreader, painter, and draftsman; the founder of Résistance à l'Agression Publicitaire (R.A.P.).
- Jeannette Kohlhaas: LPGA golfer
- Margaret Ward: LPGA golfer
- Tauseef Ahmed: Pakistani cricketer
- Gaétan Boucher: Canadian speed skater
- Vlada Divljan: Serbian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Idoli and Apartchiks) (d. 2015)
- Interviewed in the Chave d'Ouro café, when asked about his rival António de Oliveira Salazar, Humberto Delgado utters one of the most famous comments in Portuguese political history: quotObviamente, demito-o! (Obviously, I'll sack him!)quot.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- The Champs - Tequila
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- The Chordettes - Lollipop
- Elvis Presley - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- The Monotones - Book Of Love
- Don Gibson - Oh Lonesome Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?