Friday 10 May 1968
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Julie Smith and William Regal (Darren Matthews).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Honey by Bobby Goldsboro.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
The Devil's Brigade, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Tower Of Babel by Morris West was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Anker auf und Leinen los!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 May 1968!
Which were the important events of 10 May 1968 ?
- Saint Gordianus
- Saint Isidore the Laborer
- Saint John of Avila
- Saint Job
- Saint Quaratus and Quintus
- Saint Peter Van
- Saint William of Pontoise
- Buddha's Birthday in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea.
- Saint Francis of Assisi
- Saint Solange
- The first possible day on which Pentecost may fall.
- Akshaya Tritya in Hinduism.
- Astronomy Day in the United States.
- Birds' and Trees' Day in Hungary
- Memorial Day of Blessed Damien of Moloka'i
- Celebration of the Clandestine Retreat of Ma'at and Ra in Ancient Egypt.
- Constitution Day in the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Inauguration Day in South Africa.
- Mania (mythology) in Ancient Rome.
- The marriage of Shiva to Meenakshi in Madurai, India
- Julie Smith: Glendora, California -- Softball infielder (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- William Regal (Darren Matthews): English professional wrestler.
- Erik Palladino: American actor.
- Ed Sanders: British actor and television personality.
- Thomas Coville: French yacht racer who participated in significant offshore races and record attempts.
- William Regal: Wrestler
- Al Murray: English comedian and television host
- Tatyana Shikolenko: Russian javelin thrower
- Vietnam peace talks begin in Paris, France, between the US and North Vietnam.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- The Box Tops - Cry Like A Baby
- The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
- The Intruders - Cowboys To Girls
- The Irish Rovers - The Unicorn
- Simon and Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
- The Beatles - Lady Madonna
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?