Monday 10 May 1971
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eric Stock and Ronnie Dixon NFL defensive tackle (Philadelphia Eagles.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Joy To The World by Three Dog Night.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
10 Rillington Place, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Von Liebe keine Rede.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or Galaxy Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 May 1971!
Which were the important events of 10 May 1971 ?
- Saint Gordianus
- Saint Isidore the Laborer
- Saint John of Avila
- Saint Job
- Saint Quaratus and Quintus
- Saint Peter Van
- Saint William of Pontoise
- Buddha's Birthday in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea.
- Saint Francis of Assisi
- Saint Solange
- The first possible day on which Pentecost may fall.
- Akshaya Tritya in Hinduism.
- Astronomy Day in the United States.
- Birds' and Trees' Day in Hungary
- Memorial Day of Blessed Damien of Moloka'i
- Celebration of the Clandestine Retreat of Ma'at and Ra in Ancient Egypt.
- Constitution Day in the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Inauguration Day in South Africa.
- Mania (mythology) in Ancient Rome.
- The marriage of Shiva to Meenakshi in Madurai, India
- Eric Stock: soccer player (NEC).
- Ronnie Dixon NFL defensive tackle (Philadelphia Eagles: New York Jets).
- Andrei Kravtsov in Queensland: Australia; gymnast (Olympics-1996).
- Leslie Stefanson: American actress.
- Adne S?ndral: Norwegian speed skater.
- Adriano Giannini: Italian actor, son of Giancarlo Giannini and Livia Giampalmo. He co-starred in 2002 with Madonna in the widely panned film Swept Away, a remake of the 1974 Italian film with the same name. Adriano played the same role that his father, Giancarlo Giannini, played in the original. He dubbed Heath Ledger's voice in the Italian release of The Dark Knight (his father was the voice of Jack Nicholson/The Joker in Tim Burton's Batman). Giannini has a leading role in the 2012 ABC-TV drama series Missing,
- Luan Krasniqi: Yugoslavian-born German boxer. Speaks eight languages fluently.
- Kim Nam-joo: TV Actress
- Monisha Kaltenborn: Indian-Swiss lawyer and businesswoman
- Craig Mack: American rapper and producer
- Ådne Søndrål: Norwegian speed skater
- US special delivery rates go from 45 cents to 60 cents
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Jackson 5 - Never Can Say Goodbye
- Ocean - Put Your Hand In The Hand
- Bread - If
- Lobo - Me And You And A Dog Named Boo
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- Aretha Franklin - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- The Bells - Stay Awhile
- Neil Diamond - I Am.. I Said
- Daddy Dewdrop - Chick-A-Boom (Don't Ya Jes' Love It)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?