Saturday 10 May 2008
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis.
In UK American Boy by Estelle featuring Kanye West was in the top 5 hits.
What Happens in Vegas, directed by Tom Vaughan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Blue World.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 19420: Joint Strike or Bananagrams.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 May 2008!
Which were the important events of 10 May 2008 ?
- Saint Gordianus
- Saint Isidore the Laborer
- Saint John of Avila
- Saint Job
- Saint Quaratus and Quintus
- Saint Peter Van
- Saint William of Pontoise
- Buddha's Birthday in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea.
- Saint Francis of Assisi
- Saint Solange
- The first possible day on which Pentecost may fall.
- Akshaya Tritya in Hinduism.
- Astronomy Day in the United States.
- Birds' and Trees' Day in Hungary
- Memorial Day of Blessed Damien of Moloka'i
- Celebration of the Clandestine Retreat of Ma'at and Ra in Ancient Egypt.
- Constitution Day in the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Inauguration Day in South Africa.
- Mania (mythology) in Ancient Rome.
- The marriage of Shiva to Meenakshi in Madurai, India
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 May
- Jessie Jacobs: Australian actress (Born 1990).
- An EF4 tornado strikes the Oklahoma-Kansas state line, killing 21 people and injuring over 100.
- War in Darfur: The Justice and Equality Movement and Sudanese government forces clash in Omdurman and Khartoum, the first time the fighting takes place in the nation's capital.
- May 2008 tornado outbreak sequence:
- A tornado kills at least nine in Picher, Oklahoma. (AP via Yahoo! News)
- A swarm of tornadoes in southwest Missouri kills at least 12 people with much of the damage in Newton County, Missouri. (NOAA)
- News Corporation withdraws its bid to purchase the New York City newspaper ''Newsday''. (''The New York Times'')
- Russia's air force chief Col.-Gen. Alexander Zelin accuses NATO fighters of launching ampquotair attacksampquot during escort of Russian bombers. (AP via CNN.com)
- Muqtada al-Sadr and the Iraqi Government announced a ceasefire in Baghdad's Sadr district. (CNN)
- 2008 unrest in Lebanon:
- The Prime Minister of Lebanon Fuad Saniora accuses Hezbollah of staging ampquotan armed coupampquot against Lebanon. (AP via ''The International Herald Tribune'')
- The Lebanese Army overturns two key government decisions in order to reduce tension between Hezvollah and the Government of Lebanon. (YA Libnan)
- Ninawa campaign: The Iraqi Army launched a major operation in the northern city of Mosul against al-Qaeda and its allies. (BBC News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?