Monday 10 May 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to OMG by Usher.
Robin Hood, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Burned by P.C. Cast, Kristin Cast was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 May 2010!
Which were the important events of 10 May 2010 ?
- Saint Gordianus
- Saint Isidore the Laborer
- Saint John of Avila
- Saint Job
- Saint Quaratus and Quintus
- Saint Peter Van
- Saint William of Pontoise
- Buddha's Birthday in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea.
- Saint Francis of Assisi
- Saint Solange
- The first possible day on which Pentecost may fall.
- Akshaya Tritya in Hinduism.
- Astronomy Day in the United States.
- Birds' and Trees' Day in Hungary
- Memorial Day of Blessed Damien of Moloka'i
- Celebration of the Clandestine Retreat of Ma'at and Ra in Ancient Egypt.
- Constitution Day in the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Inauguration Day in South Africa.
- Mania (mythology) in Ancient Rome.
- The marriage of Shiva to Meenakshi in Madurai, India
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 May
- Frank Frazetta: American painter and illustrator (d. 2010).
- Iraqi insurgents kill 102 and injure over 200 people, mostly Iraqi civilians, in a series of suicide bombings from Mosul to Basra in Iraq, the highest number in one day this year, and jeopardizing a planned US withdrawal. (''The Times'')
- Prime Minister of the United Kingdom Gordon Brown announces his intention to resign as Leader of the Labour Party, and calls for a leadership election to be completed by September. (BBC)
- President Obama nominates Solicitor General Elena Kagan as the youngest Justice and third woman for the Supreme Court of the United States. (''The Times'')
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s government loses its majority in the upper house of parliament in a state election marked by voter anger over the bailout to avoid the Greek debt crisis. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- BP sprays more chemicals into the main massive undersea oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico using a deep-sea robot in an attempt to thin the oil which is rushing up from the seabed at the rate of about 210,000 gallons (795,000 liters) per day. (''USA Today'')
- A mass grave containing the bodies of 250 ethnic Albanians from the Kosovo War is discovered in Serbia. (AFP)
- Presidential elections, legislative elections and local elections start today in the Philippines. (BBC)
- The South Korean Defence Minister Kim Tae-Young announces that investigators have found traces of explosives in the wreck of the ROKS ''Cheonan'' that sank in March. (Kyodo)
- Rescue efforts continue in the aftermath of the May 2010 Siberia mine explosion. (RIA Novosti)
- A senior U.S. official, Kurt M. Campbell, meets with Burmese opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi. (Press TV)
- Severe rainstorms have killed at least 70 people since a powerful tornado hit Chongqing municipality in south-western China in Dianjiang and Liangping counties. Inclement weather in the next two days will affect Guangdong, Fujian, Hunan, Jiangxi, Zhejiang, Guizhou and Yunnan provinces. (Sina)
- Multiple tornadoes across Oklahoma and Kansas result in at least 5 deaths and 58 injuries. Twisters hit a truck stop near Midwest City and locations in Oklahoma City. (NewsOK)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?