Sunday 10 November 1918
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Greatest Thing in Life, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 November 1918!
Which were the important events of 10 November 1918 ?
- Also see November 10 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States Marine Corps Birthday
- Russia - Day of Militsiya (analogue of police in Russia)
- Ancient Latvia - Martini
- R.C. Saints - Pope Leo I the Great
- Turkey - Day of Remembrance of Ataturk
- Jack McCoy: Akron, Ohio -- TV host (Live Like a Millionaire).
- Oda Blinder [Yolanda Corsen]: Antillean poetess (Doorstep).
- Ernst Fischer: German chemist, one of the world's foremost synthetic, inorganic chemists.
- Hervé Bromberger: French film director and screenwriter, a former journalist.
- Ernst Otto Fischer: German chemist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2007).
- German Emperor Wilhelm II flees to the Netherlands
- The Western Union Cable Office in North Sydney, Nova Scotia receives a top-secret coded message from Europe (that would be sent to Ottawa, Ontario and Washington, DC) that said on November 11, 1918 all fighting would cease on land, sea and in the air.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'm Always Chasing Rainbows - Charles Harrison
- Everything is Peaches Down in Georgia - American Quartet
- When You Sang Hush-A-Bye to Me - Sterling Trio
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in November 1918?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 10 November 1918 and get them!