Friday 10 November 1944
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Dead or Alive, directed by Elmer Clifton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 November 1944!
Which were the important events of 10 November 1944 ?
- Also see November 10 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States Marine Corps Birthday
- Russia - Day of Militsiya (analogue of police in Russia)
- Ancient Latvia - Martini
- R.C. Saints - Pope Leo I the Great
- Turkey - Day of Remembrance of Ataturk
- Askar Akayev: Kyrgyzstani economist and politician 1st President of Kyrgyzstan.
- Mark Neely: Jr.
- Silvestre Reyes: American sergeant and politician.
- Tim Rice: American-British impresario, a former Disc Jockey who teamed up with Andrew Lloyd-Webber to help create some of the most famous musicals ever written such as "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat," 1968, "Jesus Christ superstar," 1970 and "Evita," 1978.
- Sir Tim Rice: English lyricist.
- Dave Loggins: singer ("Please Come to Boston").
- Andy Leslie: New Zealand rugby player who formerly represented his county in water polo at colts level and softball in 1966. Once established in the Wellington side as No. 8 Leslie made 96 consecutive appearances from 1968-1973 and was chosen by the Rugby Almanac as one of their five Players of the Year for the 1973 season. Born in Lower Hutt, Andy Leslie had two years in the Hutt Valley Technical College 1st XV as second five eight. Joining the Petone club he initially represented Wellington as a forward in
- German riots in Rotterdam / Schiedam 52,000 men sent to Germany
- US 9th Army takes Margraten cemetery
- The ammunition ship USS Mount Hood explodes at Seeadler Harbour, Manus, Admiralty Islands, killing at least 432 and wounding 371.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1944 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Ella Fitzgerald & Ink Spots - Into Each Life Some Rain Must Fall
- Ella Fitzgerald & Ink Spots - I'm Making Believe
- Dance with a Dolly (With a Hole in Her Stocking) - Russ Morgan & His Orchestra
- How Many Hearts Have You Broken? - Stan Kenton & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?