Friday 10 November 1950
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Cyrano de Bergerac, directed by Michael Gordon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Across The River And Into The Trees by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 November 1950!
Which were the important events of 10 November 1950 ?
- Also see November 10 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States Marine Corps Birthday
- Russia - Day of Militsiya (analogue of police in Russia)
- Ancient Latvia - Martini
- R.C. Saints - Pope Leo I the Great
- Turkey - Day of Remembrance of Ataturk
- Jack Scalia in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Berrengers, Hollywood Beat).
- Debra Hill: American screenwriter and film producer (Born 1950).
- Bob Orton: Jr.
- Jack Scalia: American actor and producer.
- After 9 years, Cleveland Indians fire manager Lou Boudreau
- Nobel for literature awarded to William Faulkner
- Spanish Dictator Franco ends war in Gibraltar
- A U.S. Air Force B-50 Superfortress bomber, experiencing an in-flight emergency, jettisons and detonates a Mark 4 nuclear bomb over Quebec, Canada (the device lacked its plutonium core).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- To Think You've Chosen Me - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
- One Finger Melody - Frank Sinatra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?